We use cookies to track visitor statistics and personalise adverts. This info is shared with Google. Only use the site if you agree to this. OK, I agree

Banstead Village

The Surrey Yeoman, Burgh Heath
The Banstead Image Library
The Surrey Yeoman, Burgh Heath

The Surrey Yeoman, Burgh Heath
(photograph taken by my Uncle - unfortunately not quite sure of the year).

Year estimated
Picture added on 30 April 2015 at 22:38
This picture is in the following groups
Public Houses
I knew this when Oscar Collier was the publican and they found Buddy Johnson dead after drinking a bottle of Whiskey. His mum worked there and he was nine years old.
Added by Richard D Grattan on 06 May 2017
Richard Grattan, are you sure of your facts? I was very disturbed to read your message about Buddy. He was my brother and he was 6 years old when he died. I was told that he died of meningitis . I do hope you are wrong.

Added by Hazel Tingley on 19 March 2018
Richard, I have now received Buddy's death certificate. He died in Cuddington Isolation Hospital of meningitis.
Added by Hazel Tingley on 09 April 2018
Although I know nothing of Buddy's tragic death and therefore comment merely as a disinterested onlooker, it seems beyond belief that any child of nine could consume even a glass of whisky, let alone an entire bottle.
Added by Peter Denton on 09 April 2018
Please add your comments about this picture using the form below.


Your Name

Your email address - this will be shown on the page and will allow the system to notify you of further comments added to this picture.

Burgh Heath

Burgh Heath - The PondLone Wellingtonia along the A217 in Burgh HeathThe Parade, Burgh HeathNork Park Hill entrance to Nork House DriveBurgh Heath in 1909Burgh Heath Methodist SchoolBurgh Heath Methodist School teachersBurgh Heath Methodist School. Miss ParrotBurgh Heath Methodist School teachersBurgh Heath Methodist School Juniors